I miss them...

My dear friend Rafi had to put his cat, Humbert, to sleep today.

I feel his pain, sigh.

At the beginning of the year, I lost two of my dogs, Nyko and Coco.

The first to go was Nyko.

He was a King amongst dogs. He was the second dog we ever got.

The first one was Coco.

Ah, my sweet Coco. She was "Her Royal Highness" (HRH). You think I kid, but I do not. She was quite regal. She was also the alpha dog, and ruled supreme over all our other dogs. Nyko used to quake before her.

And he was bigger than her...way bigger.

He was quite a beauty, was he not? Ah, I miss my boy. He loved to be petted. He loved to have the back of his ears rubbed. But his favorite spot was just above his tail. He would always turn around and present his butt to you so that you could scratch it. He was ornery and shameless. He was noble.

Because you see, we eventually got a third dog. Her name is Dixie.

She looks peaceful, does she not? Well, my girl is a bit of a tomboy. As a pup, she had a lot of nervous energy. Nyko patiently put up with her antics. That is until he got annoyed by her cuteness. Then he would growl in warning.

His growling grew deeper when our fourth dog came into the mix. His name is Chip.

Yes, that is a little twinkle you see in his eye. Chip has a lot of personality. He is also not short on energy. Dixie may be hyper, but Chip, oh boy, Chip, he is the energizer bunny on speed!

It is not unusual to see these two knuckleheads pooped out after one of their escapades...

Aw, they make an adorable pair, do they not? I mean, how can you look at them and not have your heart melt?

It is impossible, I tell ya.

They are too cute...

But Nyko and Coco were older than these two. When he died, Nyko was almost 13 years old. He lived a long time for a Rottweiler. He patiently put up with the mischief Dixie and Chip dished out.

Even when he was tired, he was a handsome boy....

And HRH Ms. Coco was almost 15. She was an adorable Chow mix, and mutts usually live longer lives. She grew stubborn in her old age. Dixie and Chip were beneath her, so she chose to ignore them.

Come to think of it, she also chose to ignore me, especially if I had a camera in my hands.

My darlings...I miss them dearly every day.

Sigh.

Comments

Marlinch said…
You figured it out :o) easy huh?
RV3 said…
Lovely dogs!!!

Popular Posts